6.30.2010

my thoughts on medicine

I know it's random... read till the end.

I'm not one who believes in homeopathic remedies, Chinese medicine, herbs, crystals, organic food, or the like. It's completely fine if you do, but I am a modern medicine seeking girl. I'm not saying I overdo it, but if I'm sick (which I rarely am), I prefer to take my chances with someone who went to school for approximately 5000 years. I was a Biology major at BYU and held my own with all of those pre-medical, pre-dental, pre-physical-therapy, pre-chiropractic, pre-smarty-smart-pants. Point: it was brutal and it was only an undergraduate degree and I have some credentials (barely) to back up my opinion about choosing doctors over non-doctors. Try to persuade me all you want, but there is a great level of comfort for me in seeing multiple degrees behind the person into whose hands I'm putting my life. I am stubborn.

Fact and perhaps contradiction to aforementioned facts: I love massage therapists and reflexologists and fully support their line of work. I had the most relaxing hour and a half massage tonight. I highly recommend it to anyone interested and will be happy to pass on the information of said therapist.

Massages are one of the greatest pleasures on earth.

5 comments:

Meghan said...

I'm actually with you for the most part. I am the first to grab the drugs when I have a cold or headache. One thing I miss about being prego - Advil!! And Sudafed! Oh well... How fun to get a massage. Love them!

Shar said...

oh amanda - we have found our differences! but we can still be friends. promise :) i'm a "there's good in both, with moderation in each" kind of person. if you ever want to hear the whys, come on over.

i do want a massage. now i'm thinking i really should set one up.

Mary Martha said...

where did you have it! I'm all about it-- Hope you are well. It seems so.

Rachel Ricchio said...

umm love massages. you should try acupuncture too. OMG amazing. it put me to sleep!

Amanda said...

mary martha- i hope you're doing great! i saw this girl amber who has a private practice in lindon. she has a special right now for a 1.5 hour massage for $30. let me know if you'd like her phone number!