email from friday the 2nd, noonish:
jenny: what are you doing for the fourth anyway?
me: no plans
jenny: wanna go to cali?
me: done
My friend Jenny and I took a little roady this Independence Day weekend. It was impromptu and delightful. Highlights include: waking up before 6 am on a Saturday, being at the beach less than 12 hours later, meeting and staying with Jenny's adorable family in Newport Beach, going to Balboa Island and eating hippo cookies, the 3 cuties we saw while waiting for takeout Gina's Pizza, seeing my best friend Amanda and her family at the Cressman/Edgeworth BBQ, playing with 4 darling children all weekend, watching fireworks at the lake, and hearing Jenny's two-and-a half year old niece say to me when I arrived at the lake, "I knew you would come!" and her then proceeding to get off of Aunt Jen's lap to sit on mine.
The beach was freezing.
4 comments:
SO VERY COOL. i want a last minute road trip.
oh wait, but that would be too stressful.
okay, i'll enjoy reading about yours.
You are so cute! I know. How about since I hate that picture you post it on as many websites as you can!? Best idea ever!
That was such a fun trip. We're pretty awesome.
Didn't know you had a blog! Now I read yours...
How fun! How about next time you come to Northern California to visit me?!? I really need to call you soon...I miss you!
Post a Comment