6.12.2010

the car salesman

Today I took a drive to go look at some cars. While I love car shows (and wish I had been attending one), I went to go test drive some used cars. I first saw this guy my aunt recommended and then later went over to a dealership. It was at the dealership where I met the car salesman. We got in a car for a little test drive and after 3 minutes of knowing one another, he started telling me all about his life (it was non-creepy): his past addictions, how he's thinking of going back to school to study social work with the goal of running interventions, how he had an intervention of his own a few months prior, missions, his feelings on the Atonement and the Savior, his desire as of late to spend more time with his 4 children and subsequent desire to not be a workaholic and make lots of money, and so forth. The car salesman also asked me when my birthday was and then proceeded to tell me all about myself based on my zodiac sign (aries). Some of my favorite comments included, "You're most likely very opinionated," and "You're really stubborn, aren't you?" and "When you're mad, you are in a rage." (I tried to redeem my honor by telling him some of my more favorable traits.) After we drove a few cars around, I was happy to shake his hand and be on my way. I thought about him and the situation for a good majority of my drive home. I think that sometimes people just really have a lot on their mind and need someone to listen to them. There are few greater compliments than that of someone feeling like they can trust you within minutes of meeting you.

2 comments:

jenny said...

You are very trustworthy. I like this story. I want him to tell me about myself! I love reading my horoscope.

erbuoduckska said...

You know I love a good horoscope as well! This experience of yours does not surprise me one bit friend. You are an excellent listener and are in deed quite trustworthy.