1.30.2011

oh, the places you'll go (in utah)

Please dine at a delightful little restaurant in downtown Provo called Communal. Thank you, Jenny, for turning 25 on Saturday and for wanting to eat brunch.  The french toast was a treat.


You can tell that the Cocoa Bean Cafe in Provo knows their audience when their best-selling item is named the “better than whatever cupcake.”  Thanks for not letting that get too graphic, marketing.

No matter what the month, Sonic drinks equates to wanting to be at the pool. (Ahh, the good days.) If it’s freezing outside, though, the next best option is to sip ‘em while playing Phase 10 and watching Hitch with friends.

 

The Aveda Institute is the best-kept secret in Provo. Where else can you spend $16 and receive a head, neck, and shoulder massage, another head massage/shampoo-conditioning while reclining in a massage chair, a style, a hand massage, a full-sized bottle of Aveda volumizing tonic, and a $16 gift certificate to come back? (Be willing to invest two hours of your time.)


I have yet to see anyone famous at Park City during the Sundance Film Festival. Maybe next year. No matter how many times I go to Park City and even though it’s in my current state of residence, I always feel like a tourist there. I love it. And I love fine dining.

Who knew these things existed in Utah? We took a detour on our way home from PC last night and stumbled upon the Midway Ice Castles. Kind of impressive.


 [PS, Please note that all of the pictures in this post were taken using Hipstamatic. Thank you, cool friends, for telling me about this app.]

2 comments:

jenny said...

Such a good weekend. Thanks for making my birthday so special! <3

remi said...

I love me some Dr. Suess.

Actually, that's the ONLY book I liked....but I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.