my deepest fear
Sometimes it's not good for me to look at blogs. I was sickies today and took off early from work, so I spent a lot of time blog stalking in bed. I love looking at blogs. I look at yours and I look at blogs of people I've never met but wish I could be friends with. I also look at blogs of people I used to be friends with and am afraid to speak to anymore. But sometimes it's just not good for me to look at them. Do you ever feel like you're the most un-talented, most un-interesting, most un-fascinating person you've ever met? That's how I feel when I look at your blogs and the blogs of people I wish were my friends and the blogs of people I've let slide away as friends. Today I was looking at some profiles of people on mormon.org. I love that people create profiles on that site. I love looking at them and watching their videos and then searching for their blogs to learn more about their incredible stories. And then that idea slips into my head again that I'll never be that caliber of a person and that I would have nothing to write my own profile about.
I'm trying not to do that.
And then I read this:
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." Marianne Williamson
[Want something else lovely to read? Read this.]
2 comments:
i love reading about your life. normal things are what most of us are made of and i think that's enough :)
OH I LOVE THAT quote!
I also felt the same way when I made my mormon.org profile...what do I say?
"I'm a mom, I want to be Buddy the Elf, I'm team Jacob, and I'm a Mormon"?
lame.
I did totally make one though, but I can't find it....maybe I didn't make the cut :)
Post a Comment