Saturday we went up to Hill Air Force museum. Located near Ogden, this museum has about a million old, legitimate Air Force planes. It was really fun to see all of the planes. The most fun, though, was probably to hear Brad tell me any fact, description, or engineering piece of information about any single plane in that place. I don't know how he does it.
[I love these old planes. Please remember that Ohio is the birthplace of aviation. It says so on our license plates.]
[I'm sorry that I'm unable to tell you what any of these planes are.]
After the museum we were able to go somewhere I've never been before: an actual military base. Thanks to Brad's Department of Defense personnel status, we drove up to the entrance gate of Hill AFB, showed the armed guard B's military ID, and drove around for a bit. We went to the exchange, the commissary, and saw some real planes on the runway (F-16? F-18? F-14? Again, I apologize for being so ignorant.) I also asked lots of questions about military ranking systems and learned a lot about the Navy.
Other notables of the day: seeing one of my favorite mission friends and her husband who live just minutes away from the base, getting a rock chip in the windshield of a car that's not mine, eating lunch at Chipotle in Bountiful, spilling an entire cup of soda on the front seat of said car, stopping at Anthropologie in Salt Lake, learning that my boyfriend takes full advantage of his concealed firearm permit, and finishing off our day of military appreciation by watching Top Gun. Take my breath away.
Suggestions of things to add to my list?
2 comments:
concealed weapons? old airplanes? army bases and chipotle?? sounds like a most successful weekend.
A few of our Utah bucket list items: snowshoeing and cross country skiing (check), hiking the narrows (flooded the weekend we had reservations... no go), backpacking and camping at some remote but beautiful location (check), and visiting that really cool-looking swirly salt place that Jenny has photos from (someday...) Good luck with yours!
yes, camping there is a must. we love maple canyon. it's only an hour south of provo and so so beautiful. especially awesome if yo'ure into rock climbing.
speaking of, if you haven't gone rock climbing outdoors, you MUST try it in utah because they have some of the best places in the country. another reason to camp at maple canyon.
you've probably done these, but go to the hot air balloon fest over the fourth of july weekend, and the timpanogos sotry telling festival in the fall. so awesome.
Post a Comment