[I love this wreath. My friend Lacey made it for me for Christmas this past year. It's made out of pages from an old novel. It adorns my bedroom wall.]
For some reason I have really been struggling to keep up on reading books lately. I've decided I need to set a goal of how many books I want to read each month, because it alarms me at how slowly it's taking me to finish the book I'm on right now. I also have an entire shelf of my nightstand dedicated to books that I have been meaning to read for, oh, the past two years or so. Every time I look at it I think, "What would Miss Door think of me now?" [Miss Door was my kindergarten teacher. I was the first student in our class back at Dunbar Elementary to read a book all by myself. All I know is that it was about trains and after I read it to the principal they gave me a pin to wear all day because I had arrived.] I'm a pretty fast reader, so the only excuse I have for not having read much over the past few months is that I haven't consistently opened a book. But that's all changing. The goal is to read two to three books per month.
Any favorite books of yours that I have to read? I would LOVE to hear about them. I always love recommendations.
3 comments:
Um of coarse you were the first one to read a book all by yourself! I hope you still have that pin. I can think of a really really good reason you haven't been reading as fast. His name starts with a B. ... I am just sayin... love you! I listen to books while working out (at least the cardio part, can't do it while trying to life weights). I highly recommend it! You get through quite a lot of books!
Peace Like a River.
jane austin. just recently read Mansfield Park. read ender's game and very much disliked it. if you find yourself feeling particularly less thoughtful and don't mind being disturbed for entertainment, Hunger Games rocked my world. Reading Jane Eyre now and LOVING it.
Post a Comment