Dieciocho = Chile's Independence Day = September 18th = A Lot Of Days Off To Party
{When you see the flag raised at every imaginable place possible, you think 'My, how patriotic these people are.' Then you remember that if they don't have it up, they'll be fined.}
Tomás, Abby and I joined 59,997 other people at la Moneda (Chile's governmental building) in el Centro on Thursday night to see a light show they projected onto the front of the building. It was both a lot of fun and a lot of pushing.
el show de luces from Amanda Johnson on Vimeo.
On Friday we went to this park that had something similar to a fair going on. There was a rodeo (see below) but it wasn't like an American rodeo. It was mostly dancing. But people were riding horses... I guess that's why it's still called a rodeo:
I also went to a ward activity on Friday night where there was more dancing. La cueca is Chile's national dance. It involves a handkerchief, fun dresses and suits called trajes de huaso, and a lot of footwork.
la cueca from Amanda Johnson on Vimeo.
No comments:
Post a Comment